Hurricane Ike hit Houston last week. It was a storm of great devastation, especially in Southeast Texas. Conroe and all of our surrounding areas were hit very hard by the storm and more specifically the 110+ mph winds it brought with it. Matthew and I headed to Tyler the night before it hit. We "hunkered down" as seems to be the term, with some friends there and rode out the storm miles from home; watching the news with knots in our stomachs as the eye of the hurricane howled over a dot on the screen that we knew was our rooftop. After about a week without power and bouncing from home to home as refugees we headed back to find our home a haven. Mostly untouched, it was a thing of miracles when you consider the damage surrounding us. We are so grateful and God is good. And yet...Hurricane Ike was not the only storm...
One of my best friends Amy, and I divert...best is used so loosely. But really she is a phenomenal friend. She is a beautiful person whom I love and cherish. We met in college and became inseparable friends and icons of fashion HA!(and its faux pas)! I love her dearly. So, back on track...Amy, after a few headaches and some dizzy spells, heads in to the MD to find out she has a brain tumor. NUTS, yep a brain tumor. 26 and not a care in the world, now a brain tumor the size of a walnut is flipping her world upside down. Today, she is in surgery. I await an update as I write. She has been so great in learning about her new found composition, and so positive as only Amy could be. The road to recovery will surely be long. I know Amy will make it a fast and furious one though. Please pray for her as she heals and makes big changes in her world. When diagnosed, she said it all made sense. She found the news almost relieving. Like...she knew God was bringing on something big in her life, and she had been sitting around in anticipation of what it was. And now, ALAS IT'S HERE! Not exactly a promotion, a husband, or some other "great" something...but a tumor. And yet she had such a peace about it. I really believe her peace comes in knowing that God is going to use this to change her, make her better, and bring her closer to Him! I am excited for you Amy. I love you. You are a strong house built on the solid ground of the Lord! And as always if you grow weary...I have a strong house you can visit...So before tears or blubbering, I move on.

My brother, who's energy illudes me and friendship sustains me, has had a particularly difficult year. A year that will prove historic in the lives of all who love him. A year that is not over. But...God is the potter and we are the clay. Matthew is going to be a masterpiece. This is a "to be continued..." entry as I do not have much I can share right now.
I can tell you this. My life's events are leading me daily into total desperation for God. I cannot get my feet on the ground each morning before crying out to Him. He is the ONLY salvation for this world, the ONLY peace for my problems. He is good, and as my Job story unfolds, so shall His perfect love. Praying and Praying...jna
No comments:
Post a Comment