On June 4th 2009 my Uncle Hugh passed away after a six month battle with very aggressive cancer. It is a sad loss for all of his loved ones here on earth but a rich blessing for him to have passed on to be in the presence of the Lord. His death has been a beautiful reminder to me of how very precious this life is. It is so fleeting and we are promised nothing. There are no guarantees. My Uncle Hugh did not live a perfect live - but who of us has? He had a bumpy road on this earth but I am thrilled to say that before he left this life...he made it right. In his final days on earth he came to know the Lord as his personal savior. For that I am so grateful and I say PRAISE GOD.
His funeral was a celebration of his life on this earth and also a celebration of the peace he has found in eternity. My uncle served in the United States Navy and was given a very honorable grave-side ceremony by the local VA. I took some pictures. I realize some people might find this morbid or disrespectful but my Uncle was a genealogical genius! He researched old photos and gravestones and traced our family back for centuries through documents and old photographs. I feel like he would definitely appreciate the record of this special day.
So in honor of my Uncle Hugh's life....he will be missed dearly but only for a short while! xoxo



1 comment:
You are such a sweetie to handle the power point presentation. Maybe the others don't realize the hours that went into scanning photographs and making the power point. Sometimes nice things go unnoticed, but God sees all your good deeds. God Bless
Post a Comment