yep. 32 weeks and 2 days today! we have our second birthing class tomorrow. we are both very excited because our teacher is really supportive of natural birth. which if i haven’t mentioned…i am going to make an attempt at! i know a lot of people have really strong opinions on this topic which at this point i am not really searching for :) just encouragement, thanks!
anywhooo – we really enjoyed our first class. we learned a lot about the stages of labor, what to expect with each stage, and some great ideas on natural pain management. i am feeling strong and ready! tomorrow i am going to present my birth plan to our teacher. she is a certified doula, midwife, RN and about 10 other very credible titles. she is thrilled at our decision to avoid intervention and has offered to help in whatever way she can. so we want her to read it over and make suggestions before we present it to our doctor. she has also offered to swing by during delivery if she is not busy teaching a class and help advocate for our decisions. AMAZING! i really hope this works out since we made the decision later in the prenatal process and did not hire a doula.
i know the hospital environment will be a challenging one to accommodate our wishes, but i believe we can do it. i trust my body and i trust GOD’s design and divinity! please be praying for us as we get closer to this big day and many big decisions. we are really excited!!!
and true to form…here are the pics…32 weeks! wow!
CAN YOU TELL WE ARE EXCITED ;) XOXO
6 comments:
You look great dollface, love you!
That's a heckofa bump you got there!! I'm excited about your birth plan, it sounds like you're doing all you can to prepare and that's great!!! The only birth I ever saw in school was unmedicated and she was up walking around 15 minutes after the birth feeling great! I know you can do it!
You look so beautiful jilly!
I think your plan is great! You'll have to let us know how things go regarding the natural plan. I would like to do the same thing (and everyone I tell, responds that I'm crazy). Good luck with everything!
you can do it! :) I have LOTS of friends who do! You are strong - and if you set your mind to something - you CAN complete it!
Oh you CAN do it!! Don't just attempt it, do it! :) God designed your body to birth and deliver that baby naturally!! I'm SO happy you're going that route. You will be amazed at how incredible you feel post-birth...My family couldn't believe I had just had a baby. It will allow you to bond so much easier with your baby, plus make breastfeeding go smoother. Gosh I could go on and on, but I am so happy for you. It is an incredible life-changing experience! Although, I don't have experience with the hospital route, I know you will be faced with obstacles, but you've done your research and are prepared!!!! OH and I know one challenge you will probably face with a dr/hospital is TIMING...don't let them rush or scare you before delivery or during labor. I went almost 42 weeks...the baby comes when they are ready. OH and you look beautiful!
Post a Comment