Sunday, September 20, 2009

1 Corinthians 8:9 But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak

it's been a while so a quick update and recap.

Summer is officially over and the fall is moving in. I for one am super excited about this (see previous post to confirm that I am sick of summer). Life is moving fast and furiously. Matt and I started a new Sunday School class a week ago. Today was our 2nd Sunday to attend. It is a "Marriage Ministry" class. We watch videos on intimacy and marital topics (by Jimmy Evans) and then break out into small groups for discussion. We have a great small group with some really fun couples. A couple of them are engaged and not yet married...Matt and I really like this. We feel like we get to give them tiny tid-bits of the "wisdom" we have gained in our short three (almost) years of wedded bliss. For example, learn to argue without yelling. We tell them about how we used to scream it out until we were (literally) blue in the face. They look shocked. Haha, it is a miracle we are alive after some of our early marriage scream-offs, seriously...God has brought us so far :) It feels good and I am glad we can laugh about it now and depart a little truth into other couples lives!

We also joined a new home-group. Our church calls it POST. It is a really neat group also. We meet on Sunday evenings for food, fellowship, bible study and games. This was also our second Sunday to attend POST. It has been a lot of fun. Tonight's topic was really great. We discussed grey areas of Christianity; for example, drinking. We talked about how the Bible does not say DO NOT DRINK. It does say not to get drunk though. We discussed the outcome and message even one drink may send to a struggling believer or non believer and how our actions do not only effect us. We talked about the fact that we are often the only Jesus some people may ever see and our behavior should speak of Christ. Food for thought...even though something may not be "sin" by law...it is still SIN if it causes another to stumble.

1 Corinthians 6:12

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

Blessings...jna

1 comment:

Son and Julie said...

Hey Girl - it sounds like you guys have such a great church there. We became involved in church leadership at our church about 2 1/2 years ago & made the commitment at that time not to drink anymore. I think it is a "grey area" but I can tell you that I think our marriage & spiritual life has been better for it! Great post!