Monday, March 1, 2010

BIG THINGS COME in little packages

They weren’t kidding. Big things DO INDEED come in little packages. My pint size princess packs a mean punch! at 20 weeks (yesterday) she is officially HALF baked! Woo Hoo! And to welcome me into the 2nd half of pregnancy my sweetie decided to REALLY make her presence known.

I woke up yesterday with OOOOoooober cramps. The cramps continued for a while and then seemed to subside into one sharp nagging pain in my way lower right side. The pain has stuck with me all the way through Sunday and today also. The cramps come and go, and are VERY strong. The pain in my lower right is constant.

I got really worried and of course called my doctor. I am pretty sure they think I am crazy, heck, so do I some days! Is it bad that when I call they answer the phone - “Hey Jillian!” Lol, I am just hoping they have caller ID and not that they have memorized my # from seeing it so many times. Anyhow, they explained that the constant pain in my lower right is apparently Round Ligament pains and the cramps that come and go are apparently Braxton Hicks. My sweet little girl is making sure I don’t miss out on a single symptom! I know she just wants to make the very most of this experience for me :) So sweet, huh!

So I am continuing with the tradional weekly pictures and unfortunately, with the trend of taking them at the end of the day when i shed my makeup and work clothes. The funny thing about these pictures is that they are so funny, shocking, entertaining to me too. Not just you all. I mean of course I pass myself by in mirrors every day (although to be truthful, I try not to spend too much time around mirrors these days) and I see myself…but not like this.

I am so surprised when I look at these pictures. It is literally like “whoa!” I guess you just get used to seeing yourself one way for so long and for that to change so drastically so quickly it’s like it doesn’t sink in at a rate as fast as it is happening. I mean I know I look down and don’t see a flat tummy, but I guess I don’t see the mountain that these pictures show either! But I can say that I would not trade it for the world…

I am so thrilled to feel this sweet baby girl kicking inside of me. And boy has she been kicking :) Abby and I have both been getting to feel her. Mostly in the morning when I first wake up and haven’t eaten anything. She seems to kick the most when I am laying around relaxing. I don’t know if it is like “oh mommy it feels great to relax” or if it’s like “hey mom, get a move on it, you gotta lot to do before I arrive".” But either way, I’ll take it. I love, love, love those little love taps <3

as a side note, Abby finished painting the nursery. it is not quite pink, but i am just dying over how bright it is! i have to say it is loud, but i think i am going to really love it. i cannot wait to get the bead board wainscoting up! it is going to be beautiful and i think my angel will love it. it was a labor of love and her daddy did a wonderful job! i know he is already falling for his little one. i love that lately, whenever he leaves us or tells us goodnight he says “i love you girls”….ohhhh it just melts my heart!!! <3

IMG_1156

so here it is…20 weeks and half way there. see you soon baby girl xo

20 weeks 

(this is my “holy cow is that really MY stomach?” face)

20 weeks (7)

4 comments:

Amber King said...

I love the room but I love your belly more! can't wait to see it in person this week! XOXO baby abby!

Son and Julie said...

So sorry about the cramps & ligament pain! Tell baby girl that she needs to take it easy on her sweet mommy!

Twinty Photography said...

So why is Matt "Abby"...this whole time I thought you were talking about a dog or something....haha

Lindsey Klinger said...

I LOVE your bump. It is so totally adorable on your cute little figure. Seriously, you pull off pregnant very well! Yay for new pictures - love 'em!