Friday night I got home from work a little after five and immediately hit the ground running….errr scrubbing, rather. I ditched my nice work clothes, put on what would be the first of about 3 loads of laundry, threw on some old shorts (that barely made it over my rear and onto my waist) and filled a bucket with piping hot water and enough soap and pine sol to kill the worst of viruses. I scrubbed the tile kitchen floor and entry way on my hands and knees…it was straight out of “Annie” or “Cinderella”, lol. Matt was busy putting one last coat of paint on the nursery walls when he noticed the smell of pine sol, which was apparently stronger than the room full of paint – HA! He calmly looks down at me as i struggle with the rags and soapy water - “Would the swiffer mop just not have worked?” No was my obvious answer, and the way I delivered it made him quickly offer a lending hand. That and the fact that when I stood up I think I almost toppled over from dizziness!
Saturday we took a nice break away from cleaning and enjoyed the beautiful day. We ate downtown on the square at this precious sandwich shop called Siegelman’s. It is Chicago style subs, and totally YUM! After that we went to Market Street (my fave outdoor shopping area in The Woodlands) and got some yummy all natural, gluten free frozen yogurt at Red Mango (AhhhhMazing!) and then went to see Rob Pattinson’s new movie Remember Me. It was no Twilight, but nice to watch Rob on the big screen for a couple of hours :) and my Abby was soo sweet to take me!
Today is Sunday and I am 22 weeks preggers. Matt and I went to church and then out to eat (yes, we did alot of eating this weekend!). The Woodlands recently got a FREEBIRDS and we are both hooked. I never really ate there that much when I was at A&M, maybe its the prego in me, but I cannot get enough! YUMMMMMY! After FREEBIRDS we decided to get a little sunshine. My pasty white skin has not seen even a drop since last summer. I definitely was not going to be sporting a bikini, I knew that, but I don’t honestly think I will even be able to find a maternity suit to fit :(. Sorry for the TMI- but the top of me is growing faster than my friggin prego belly! Seriously, I am one totally disproportional girl right now, it stinks! so, it a sports bra and tube top with swimsuit bottoms covered by a little cotton skirt – off I went to the pool. It was just my in-laws back yard, so at least I didn’t have to brave the masses or anything.
One hour later….I am TOAST :) I didn’t look it of course. It is that toasty red that sneaks up on you about 2 or so hours later. So, before realizing my level of lobster, I came home and worked in the yard and flower beds, weeding for about an hour before having a massive allergy attack and leaving the rest up to Abs. But no, I didn’t quit there. Then it was on to about 3 more loads of laundry (and no I do not stock pile dirty clothes – I washed rugs, sheets, etc…EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!) I organized baby girl’s closet, filed away tax information (woo hoo for having those things done early this year) and re-did my living room mantle, which I have been meaning to do for months, with new plates and such I have had since December. I dusted the entire house, pulled out spring decor for the dining room and tucked away the winter stuff. WOW. What a day!
So you tell me…NESTING – or – just NUTS?!?
As I mentioned before, I am 22 weeks today. The latest excitement with our little Pea is her EXTRA big movement! She is kicking and squirming all day LONG now. She is kicking so hard that you can actually SEE her kicks now too – not just feel them. Matt and I both saw her kick for the first time on Friday night (maybe it was all that floor scrubbing, haha). It was such a sweet time laying in bed and watching our little Lovie kick and squirm in there! I am sad to say that the only picture I have at 22 weeks is one Matt snapped of me working in the flower beds today. Not my most charming moment – but here it is…along with a few others to catch up :)
22 weeks and digging up weeds!
21 weeks hanging out in Frisco with mom and sisters (blog to come soon! – I’m a little behind)
20 weeks and headed to YOGA (Baby Girl LOVES YOGA, she is SO active during the relaxation and meditation session at the end of class- Love <3)
3 comments:
Wow - what a productive weekend. I say nesting, or nuts, or both - lol! You just inspired me to scrub my floors too. Now that Collin is crawling around the floor all the ime I have bene tryign to keep it even more clean than usual. And BTW, I am so jealous that you have a freebirds there...yummy!
Ummm couple of things....
1. Your top half is HUGE
2. Your belly totally snuck up on me.
3. You don't go for thr McDonalds burger binges now???? haha
4. You are going to be the perfect little mommy, making grilled sandwichs in little triangles for her;) You were just practicing with me.
5. Love you. miss you.
Oh and most IMPORTANT...LOVE the MANTLE...very proud
Post a Comment