Happy Easter! I just love this time of year. The weather is perfect, wild flowers paint the road side a spectacle of colors, and the summer is near!
Today we celebrated Easter by attending church (just me and my love and the baby bump of course!) and then heading to Matt’s parent’s house for lunch with his dad, mom, brother, sister in law and their 3 kiddos. It was a nice time to visit and talk but as I get older, I can’t help but miss all the traditions of my childhood around the holidays. I can’t wait ‘til my little baby is here. I know she will make the holiday’s so much more fun! I am so excited to take her to see the Easter Bunny, make her an Easter basket, dye Easter eggs with her and read her the story of God’s sacrifice and His great love for us, His children. And of course, get her all dressed up in ribbons and lace :) I guess having a baby is a chance to relive all those fun childhood festivities with your little loved one. How Fun!!
my prince charming me & the belly
jeff, avery, garrett – my niece & nephews
me & my love
I have been a busy bee cleaning and getting my house ready for my 1st baby shower this weekend. It is in Pearland with alllll my extended family and it will be so much fun to see everyone. And the best part is, all my family will be staying with me! I LOVE a Full HOUSE! Call me crazy -maybe it’s because I grew up with a full house (five kids and two adults!) I just love, love, love when my family comes to stay with me. I feel so left out down here every time they all get together in the DFW area, so it is so nice when they are all here for a change. I am just too excited!!!
I have been cleaning and getting the nursery in order. I don’t have all my furniture yet, but the old china cabinet we painted is done and the crib is put together, so I have had fun putting all the bedding on, etc. Matt finished the wainscoting last week and all the trim. It was certainly a labor of love and he did a great job! I am so proud of him! This weekend baby Pea’s little cousin Skyler will actually be “breaking in” the crib for her. So sweet! I have also washed all the baby blankets and close that I have thus far (about 4 loads worth of laundry total for baby girl this weekend!)
( abby working on the nursery )
precious crib/bedding and a peek at daddy’s craftmanship; don’t those walls look great!
We are just getting too excited to meet this sweet little baby. Not too much longer, little one! xoxo
HAPPY EASTER & PRAISE GOD. HE IS RISEN & HE IS LORD!
5 comments:
Happy Easter Darling. I love every minute with you and cant wait to see you shine as a mommy. <3
oh my goodness! where did you get that adorable china cabinet! I love it! Her room looks fantastic so far... love the updates!
I love the room!!! Great job guys! That is one lucky little princess.
OMG look how sweet Matt's comment is! I love the nursery.....can't believe Matt built it from the ground up! I must have a copy of the pic of you and Matt on Easter....you look so beautiful sissy! can't wait to see you and baby pea this wk end! LUV U
So are those walls red or pink? the internet browser is hard to tell :). Also, I am infatuated with that antique armior....LOVEEEEEE!
Post a Comment